View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
JoeS475
Winter Sucks...

Zone: 6-7
Name: Joe
BananaBucks : 100,141
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Musella lasiocarpa flower

My Musella story:
Mine is just starting its third year (since I bought it as a large 3' plant anyway). First winter I thought I totally killed it indoors, so I tossed it outside into the snow as trash in January. Must have been exposed to temps in the single digits or less multiple times with no protection except for a Home Depot plastic pot. By chance the next spring I found a little bit of green pushing through and so I revived it. It was slow, but made a full recovery. This past winter I let it go dormant in my 60 degree basement. Six months later I bring it out, looking like the day it went in, save for slight browning on the leaf edges. Now its growing fast and strong despite cold nights, and I'm really hoping for a flower.

I noticed Austin's other flowers were coming out of the side of the p-stem: I have what looks like a green leaf or 2 trying to come out in the same spot, so maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones with multiple flowers. I can hope!

Its a hardy little bastard anyway! Congrats on the long lasting flower, great pics!

~Joe

JoeS475 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JoeS475