View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
natej740

Zone: 6
BananaBucks : 192,777
Said "Thanks" 262 Times
Was Thanked 480 Times in 224 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 49 Times
Default Fist Year Musa Basjoo Success!!

My first year with Musa Basjoos overwintered in the ground in Zone 6 Ohio. Looks like they made it. Trunks are firm at the base and pups are still green and look as if they even grew some this winter. All i did was cut down to 16" and covered with 2.5 bags of cypress mulch each. I was kinda scared if they would make it because i didnt get them till late August early September. I uncovered them yesterday and will leave them uncovered until we get cold weather coming back. I figured the warm days will help them get a jump start on the growing season. Well here are the pics everyone is welcome to post their pictures and results in this thread also....Thanks

This was my largest one that grew to be about 6-7 feet last year.Trunk is still firm at the base and all 5 pups from last year look to still be alive.

The smaller one planted it real late in the season too. Was about 3.5 feet. Trunk is still firm at the base and the 2 pups from last year look to still be alive.

natej740 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To natej740
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors