View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
Pithy_Cherub

BananaBucks : 8,218
Said "Thanks" 18 Times
Was Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: What did you plant today (other plants)?

A limequat tree!

Finally found one (5gal) thanks to JoeReal's tip @ Home Depot having cold-clime bananas - our HD didn't have any, but I gots me a limequat(Eustis)! It went into a barrel like the variegated pink lemon.

Also sowed my annual requirement of bush baby lima beans (1st round, anyway!) & up-potted bell pepper seedlings. Anchos, fooled you jalapenos (I'm a chili-wuss), bells all are staying in the pots for a few more weeks.

I've been sprouting an excellent sweet potato since late fall. The sprouts went into pots, gradually bringing up the soil level till now. Today they went into their respective barrels - did I mention these were the BEST I've ever ate? Got the originals from an old truck farmer selling literally on the side of the road out of his truck! Only have room for 4 barrels, but if they turn out as hoped - I'll have to make room for more next year.

Tomatoes got put in ground (w/room for cover if it gets nippy - crazy dang weather!) from their pots. They are already hanging w/fruits, green still - but they're there! I only put in 3 types this year:
Variegated ... cuz it's just so darned pretty.
Roma ... these get dried & vacuum sealed allll summer, we use alot in the winter months.
Healthkick ... to make up for the cheesecake fetish.

All done in between breaks to get online, of course! Tomorrow I'm hoping to get the strazzberry barrels tidied up, they're already putting out berries at a rate of @ 1qrt a day. Yummm!

Almost forgot, picked up a wee little portable 5in TV to lug outside w/me. In addition to cheesecake, I'm also a news junky!

A good day.

Pithy_Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Pithy_Cherub