View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
LilRaverBoi
Nanner Time!

Zone: 5
Name: Bryan
BananaBucks : 74,843
Said "Thanks" 534 Times
Was Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,234 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 855 Times
Send a message via AIM to LilRaverBoi
Default LilRaverBoi's Helpful Hints

Okay, so this thread is meant to inform the community about certain features of this site. I realize many of the members here are not particularly computer/website savvy, so these instructions should help explain how to work these features. I am keeping it closed so that the thread stays informative and easy to read but will update it from time to time. If you have a topic you would like me to explain here, please PM me!

Today's helpful hints:

Checking Recent Posts on the Site

-When you sign on to the site, the fastest way to find all the recent posts since you last visited is to click on the 'New Posts' link in the blue bar near the top of any page.

-You may also view all posts made that day by clicking on the 'Daily Posts' button on the blue bar.

-Threads appearing in bold text contain new posts since the last time you viewed the thread.

-If you click on the blue check-mark box to the left of the thread title, you will be taken to the first unread post (this can also be done after entering any thread by clicking 'view first unread' in the blue bar above the first post on any page).

-If you have posted in a thread previously, there will be another blue check-mark far to the right of the thread name with a right-facing arrow beside it. If you click that right-facing arrow, you will be taken to the last post you made in that thread.

-If you want to check on the updates on just the threads you have posted in, click on the 'Quick Links' button on the blue banner and select 'Subscribed Threads.' Anything that shows up bold will contain new posts since you last viewed it.

-If you have looked through the entire 'New Posts' list and wish to reset this so that only posts beyond that point will appear the next time, click on 'Quick Links' on the blue bar at the top of any page and select 'Mark Forums Read.'

These features will save you some time if you are not searching for something in particular or do not want to browse each forum independently each time you come to the site.
RIP Tog Tan. We love you and will always remember you!
I'm Bryan with a Y! There is no 'I' in BRYAN!

Last edited by LilRaverBoi : 02-23-2010 at 10:11 PM.
LilRaverBoi is offline   Send A Private Message To LilRaverBoi
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors