View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
4bubbaswitz

Location: Bye bye NY I'm in Florida now where bananas grow on trees, not magicly appear at the Shoprite
Zone: 9.5
BananaBucks : 4,700
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Nanner Newbie Needs HHHEEZELLLPP!!

Hi Ya'll

I just became the proud Papa of a pair of Musa Cheeka trees at a 4H country fair over the weekend, however I'm not sure what to do. I'm a refugee from New York where banana trees are sometimes seen on The National Geographic channel. I've googled the breed and not much is out there. Only one member of this site has a tree, and there isn't much if any info listed here so I'm stuck.
I have each 1 foot tall tree in a very large pot (largest Home Depot carries). Soil is 1/2 native and half good quality potting soil with a bit of composted cow poo mixed in for good measure. The pots are out by the pool where the Florida sun hits about 90% of the day. Have I accidently done things correctly or do I have to start all over again? How tall will these trees get and when can we expect to litterally see the fruits of my labor?

Bubba
4bubbaswitz is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To 4bubbaswitz
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors