View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
LilRaverBoi
Nanner Time!

Zone: 5
Name: Bryan
BananaBucks : 113,312
Said "Thanks" 534 Times
Was Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,245 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 855 Times
Send a message via AIM to LilRaverBoi
Default Re: Spring is here??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velutina View Post
And I am 100% convinced spring is here in many parts of the country!! It was 70F at my house today
I would say the presence of spring in SOME or LIMITED parts of the country is founded. But 'many' implies numerous locations...and that simply is not the case, to be completely honest. Personally, I believe such statements (as quoted above) are quite audacious and egocentric. Maybe you should have said 'many locations in the south.' Maybe in a month spring will be evident in a majority of places, but not right now....not even close, really. We just got another inch or two of snow since that pic I posted yesterday was taken. I'm sure other areas east/west of here (and definitely areas farther north) also experienced similar precipitation.

I don't mean to insult, but please look at the big picture, read the news and don't just believe what you see out your particular window is what everyone sees. I'd like to hear from other members in other places in the south (TX, FL, etc), members from New England, members from the Pacific Northwest, and others from the Midwest in this thread to hear their personal anecdotes.

Edit...I think this diagram really sums up my points. This is the frost prediction for overnight tonight into tomorrow.

I don't think I need to say anything to help that point be made...it speaks for itself.
RIP Tog Tan. We love you and will always remember you!
I'm Bryan with a Y! There is no 'I' in BRYAN!

Last edited by LilRaverBoi : 02-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.
LilRaverBoi is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To LilRaverBoi