View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
parid09

BananaBucks : 13,328
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Spider mite "primer"

Well folks, it is getting to that time of year where there is distant hope of a spring coming sometime, and also a time where by now, most of us are war veterans when it comes to spider mites. I was thinking, for the newcomers to our "sport", we should all put in our battle plans and experience with these little buggers to help them in identifying and dealing with one of the most serious threats to nanners and other plants. Whatever you have done to control them, whether it has worked or not would be appreciated, and keep in mind that what might work for one situation, might not for another. For the new beginners, spider mites ALWAYS comes as a suprise, but there are things you can do to get an early detection if you know what to look for. For an example, when I got started with nanners, I mistakenly thought a wilted appearance of the leaves meant the plant was dry, and kept watering to "perk" them up... Well, we all know the sins of overwatering, and this only made things worse as the poor plant ended up in a two front war.. corm rot, and trying to cope with the mites. Put in your stories... the more info to all, the more fun we will have with our nanners!
parid09 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To parid09
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors