View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Henry

Zone: 10
BananaBucks : 10,173
Said "Thanks" 5 Times
Was Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Young bananas plant with black bugs.

Hello and greetings !
A few months ago my cousin got 3 young bananas from a friend, they're of unkowns var. to us except that "They're from Thailand" Anyway, so far they all look healthy and happy, even though they don't grow much (comparing to all the icecreams that she has). To make a story short, this morning I was looking closely at them and saw a bunch of black "bugs" clinging to the youngest leaf on top. A few of the bugs kind of moving around slowly. Since these plants are still young, I'm hesitant to use regular-strengh insecticides sold at Home Depot for example; can you folks recommend something "milder" treatments? Thanks in advance.
Henry.
Ps I include some pics.
pps: I just can't believe there's a site for banana lovers! Orchid, yes, but bananas, no way
ppps: Sorry about the blurry pics, it's was windy this morning in Orange county, Ca

Henry is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Henry

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors