View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #101 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 283,253
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: Grafting Bananas by the Insistent Banana Grower - Mauro

i was reading every ones new post and it occurred to me that perhaps and this is speculation on my part that if a specific gene or grouping of gene produce certain chemical environments with in the specified plant then this in and of its self creates a growth environment specific to this plant. if a new grope of cells were introduced in to the donors chemical environment at least on a superficial Level those cells would be affected to some degree in there metabolic and growth patterns would be altered.

for example. one could expect changes to leaf shape or fruit yields timing of fruiting and onset of offspring initiation could also be affected either positively or negatively. as i said this is speculation but it dose have a ring of logic to it.

there have been many studies done on both plant and animal cells where by the specific cells were subjected to altered chemical environments. this is the bases for drug studs. applying chemicals to a cell or group of cells and then analyzing how that cell reacts to the new environment. there are almost always some changes.

for example one mite expect to see timing rates change, cell wall densities changing + or -, slowing or speeding of metalization rates of reproduction and so on and so forth.

it stands to reason that if this graft is made. there is some effect of chemical transfer even if its only in the regions just adjacent to the graft its self. thees cells along the graft will behave inherently differently then the cells that are more distant from the graft. i would think this effect would relate to total cell volume. so there for the younger the graft the grater the effect on the organism in totality. whether this changes either plants life cycle remains to be seen. but i think it imprudent to put forth the supposition that there is no affect this is contrary to logic.

I hope this makes sens. being dyslexic makes thees concepts extremely hard for me to convey coherently.

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese
Said thanks: