View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #793 (permalink)
Kaye-ccf

BananaBucks : 3,897
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: What did you plant today (bananas)?

No problem about the info, Eric. We have a website and my name and address are out there. BUT Harvey makes an excellent point about not posting info about others without their permission!! Thanks, Harvey!

The seeds I've sent out were soaked like tomato seeds, allowing them to ferment somewhat so that they could be more easily removed. Then cleaned, they were transferred to a seed sprouter where they were rinsed daily in a distilled water/peroxide solution to hasten sprouting and eliminate infection.

I know that a LOT of e-bay and other internet sellers make many false claims to sell their products! But some of the seeds I had were sprouting in the sprouter. I did not send those, but planted them in soil immediately. However I would not have been surprised if some of them did sprout in the few days while they were in route to their new homes. (I did send them in a damp plastic bag so they would not dry out.)

I am NOT selling anything on e-bay and never have, although I have made purchases. I know NOTHING about any seller advertising that their seeds may sprout in transit, but I do think it's possible.
Kaye-ccf is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kaye-ccf