View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dennylouhalfyard@yahoo.ca

BananaBucks : 2,851
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Joy Healthy stem, brown leaves

Can I get some advice? I am in the Vancouver BC area and we have a banana plant in a pot. I believe it's a venticosum damaclese. We got it at the Home Depot and of course, they couldn't really tell us how to care for it. So, we're just flying by the seat of our pants!

We recently repotted it and placed by our back patio door which faces south, and gets a lot of natural sunlight. I would like to plant it outside in the spring, but my husband really likes it indoors.

The problem is that the stems are very green and healthy looking, but the leaves have all turned brown and crispy. We don't over water and the pot has ample drainage. We'd really like to save the plant but haven't a clue how to do it! Help! See link to the photo of my plant.

Banana Gallery - Need help!

Last edited by Dennylouhalfyard@yahoo.ca : 11-14-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: photo didn't show up
Dennylouhalfyard@yahoo.ca is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Dennylouhalfyard@yahoo.ca

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors