Thread: The Frost
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #81 (permalink)
BananaLee

Zone: 6
Name: Call me Lee
BananaBucks : 142,959
Said "Thanks" 439 Times
Was Thanked 229 Times in 104 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 22 Times
Default Re: The Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPerez View Post
I for one believe that it's completely selfish of the tropics to hog up all the cool palms, bananas, citrus, and great weather. While I don't believe mankind is causing all this global warming, I do believe we are experiencing some kind of a climate shift and that it would come regardless of our presence here, just as it has over the past millions of years. I just don't believe it's going to be that BIG of an impact and that most of that will be noticeable in the polar areas... here in NY we've had a cooler than normal summer actually. I look forward to a mild winter.
I agree, but I think we might have a colder than norm winter but I'm not sure. Though in zone 6 we can grow pretty amazing tropical things, it's never that easy. Your right JuniPerez, here in the more polar regions, were not gonna see much of a difference. The good thing about colder regions is that we have more noticeable seasons. Like cool springs, hot summers, colorful autumns, and beautiful white winters. I try to appreciate what I have, though tropicals are better by a long shot!
BananaLee is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BananaLee
Said thanks: