View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
51st state
many 'naners, little time

Zone: 8b ish
Name: Kev
BananaBucks : 308,037
Said "Thanks" 202 Times
Was Thanked 259 Times in 126 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Poly tunnel heating system

This is stage 1 of my new improved 2009 heating system. (see pics in my gallery)

Having cost me a fortune to run last year (and not working that great) the 2.5kW electric blow heater has gone to Devon via ebay.

Now for 2009 we have stage 1 which is a 3.9kW air to air heat pump.

output is 3.9kW but input is only 1.25kW. For those not familiar with heat pumps it's basically an air con spilt unit, but applied to heating. Control is via
a standard heating controller, temperature is set to 9 degrees C.

The controller has 2 channels which means the same controller will be also be albe to control...Stage 2 - under construction will be an air to water system feeding a 100M subsoil hose coil, will post photos when it's done.

Anyone need more details just let me know.

Last edited by 51st state : 11-07-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: linking to pics in gallery
51st state is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To 51st state
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors