Thread: Ty Ty nursery?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
mike
More bananas less stress

Zone: Zone 9
Name: Mike
BananaBucks : 14,628
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 57 Times in 40 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Ty Ty nursery?

My family and I decided one weekend to drive a little over two hours to TyTy to visit the nursery. My thinking all the time put into the web page and all different items they have this would be a treat. I never was so disappointed in my life. I first started thinking this is just where their office is and they kept some of their plants here. There is no way this could be it. I think I counted maybe ten banana plants none of them appeared to be in that good of shape to be the middle of the summer. I did not know what they were selling because there were no pups the grounds were very poorly kept. There were a lot of potted plants that did not look very uuuummmmm nice. The hole nursery was maybe an acre. My visit lasted about five minutes and I have seen all I could see and was afraid to look any were else. I am no pro and have not visited many nursery's but after months of looking at the web site I was crushed. I could not think about nothing else on the two hour trip back but WTF just happened. I still wanted to say that their plants must come from other places until I read all the negative reviews.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mike
Said thanks: