Thread: Ty Ty nursery?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
planetrj
Planetrj Hawaii Z11b

Zone: 11b
Name: Kaleo
BananaBucks : 26,218
Said "Thanks" 135 Times
Was Thanked 198 Times in 109 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 37 Times
Default Re: Ty Ty nursery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRaverBoi View Post
Basically, all you need to know is that they use photo-shopped pictures in all their advertisements, rely on sex/glamor/status to sell their merchandise more than legitimate/truthful marketing. They also have prices that are higher than they should be, incorrect information in their listings and honestly, I really don't know if you'd actually receive correctly what you ordered from them. I would highly advise against ordering from this nursery if I were you.

That's my two copper Lincolns, anyway.
I agree... How could you take it that seriously, given the hordes mal information. I've found more errors in their listings than I've found correctness. Probably the worst offense, is the ad for Guava, when it's a Feijoa. It looks to me more like there's quite a disconnect from the person who grows, to the person who's in charge of their marketing plan. All that said, when I looked up their business profile in public records, they were pretty profitable, so chances are, there's enough ignorant/uneducated banana buyers out there to keep them in business after all of these years. And... reality is.. .sex sells, whether we like it or not. Though I am not trying to defend anyone, I personally have found much more offensive marketing ploys than this with other retailers including people using god as their 'safety/trust shield', soooo...