View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Not in MY yard (please?)

BananaBucks : 15,227
Said "Thanks" 5 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Cool Re: Good neighbor but bad on fencing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRaverBoi View Post
This is exactly the reason I prefer to live in the country! It'd be pretty hard for even the MOST invasive of plants to travel the 1/2 mile between my house and my closest neighbor. LOL.

I would definitely install one of the root barriers mentioned/linked above to keep pups from coming up on your side. Beyond that, you can remove any foliage hanging past the midline of your fence, as mentioned. And lastly, there's always the option of reporting such things. Apparently, your neighbor is kind of rude and unaccommodating. You've tried to work with him politely/respectfully. I don't see that it has worked too well....the next step is to report it to higher powers.

Best of luck.
Thank you for sharing information on barrier supplies, I will definately follow through and have the entire length of fence done.

I do regularly remove the follage which hangs over the fence but I mostly have to wait until it gets crispy brown and bends because the trees are so tall. The new low buds which poke through are no problem. But mostly the fence line looks pretty shoddy with the exception for the very tallest, most straight, fresh, green tender leaves, few and short lived that they are. The trees are infected with something which produces a slimey goo with ants in it. That, at least, ran off the cat that had taken up the base of the grove for a private latrine.

Ah, morning coffee on the deck, over looking the natural creek, fanned by shredded dead banana leaves with the subtle fragrance of cat pee.

Each Zero Lot Line home has it's garage facing the street/sidewalk. Every two homes share a common drive-way. Pity the nice old couple who have shared their driveway with HIM for more than 20 years. A few garages have no windows, most do and commonly covered with something complimentary to the house windows: shutters, blinds, etc. OUR HERO hung a heavy wooden clothing rod (inside) above his window; his window covering is a mashed of clothes. Saving grace: the window is so dirty that, until another neighbor pointed it, I had never noticed.

Last month we got a letter from the HOA citing us for our yard people putting a bag of grass clippings at our curb at noon, pick up scheduled the following morning. The letter pointed out By-Laws which "prohibit" any trash being put curb side before 6pm the night before pick-up. HELP! Now where's a cop when they needed one?
Not in MY yard (please?) is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Not in MY yard (please?)
Sponsors